Saturday, November 11, 2006

Diversified funds with low fees

Someone asked me, "What are the large, diversified funds with low fees available for investments?

To my knowledge, these are the available funds:

- combined funds from NTUC Income (with annual fee of less than 1%)
- ST Tracker fund available in the Stock Exchange (annual fee of 0.3%)
- indexed funds available in America (annual fee of about 0.2%)

I have invested most of my savings in the combined funds (from NTUC Income) and the ST Tracker fund (which I have now withdrawn).

Recently, I investigated about investing in the indexed funds in America. It seems that they are not allowed to market in Singapore, due to some regulatory constraints.

So, most of my investments are now in the combined fund.

I withdrew my investment from the ST Tracker Fund becuase it is invested solely in Singapore and the market is quite high. I have re-invested it temporarily in the money market fund (ie flexi-cash) and will wait for the right time, within the next 12 months, to re-invest it in the global equity fund.

No comments:

Blog Archive