Dear Mr Tan
One of my living policies has been in force for 18 years. The total premium paid is $22,356. But the cash value is only $21,221.1, less than the total premium paid and cannot even breakeven. I am rather disappointed. Due to my age, I may not be able to continue paying for the premium, Mr Tan, what is your advice??
Mr Tan, I understand that you are leaving INCOME on 1 Apr 2007. You have done a lot and lot for the policy holders. especially the extra bonus every 5 years.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and wish you well, healthy and every successful in your future endeavours.
The Living policy has a large coverage (ie death and 30 dread disease). This explains the reason for taking a long period to break even.
At any time, you have the option to stop paying the premiums, and keep it as a "paid up" policy with a reduced sum assured, or to cancel the policy and get the cash value (in which case the insurance coverage ceases).
My advice is to keep the Living policy up to age 70 and terminate it at that time. You can pay the premium out of your past savings. However, if it runs out, then you can consider the "paid up" or "surrender" options.
The good news is that the bonus rate for the Living policy will be increased this year.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2020 (780)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
01/21 - 01/28
- Easy Ads
- How to pick the right stocks
- Can I stop paying premium on my Living policy?
- Enjoy lower charges on the Ideal plan
- Which university course should my son take?
- Policyholder is happy with settlement of Flight De...
- Explanation on Cash Value of Bonus
- Advice on investments
- Change of focus of my Blog
- A new chapter for an older employee
- How to invest the CPF OA for 5 years
- Financial Planning Talk on 10 Feb
- 3G phone work in Japan
- Hot spring resort in Japan
- Low birth rate in Japan
- Clean air in Tokyo
- ▼ 01/21 - 01/28 (16)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)