Hi Mr Tan
I've enjoyed reading your blog site and those valuable advices your have given to the people.
Recently, my life savings of S$50K in fixed deposit is maturing soon. The interest rate is not as attractive as 6 months ago, if I renew with the current bank or transfer to another bank. Could you kindly advice me how can I make my $$$ work
I am in the same situation as you. I have some money to invest, but find the interest rate on fixed deposit to be unsatisfactory. The stockmarket is too high at this time.
I decided to invest in the money market fund with NTUC Income, through the flexi-cash product. It earned a money market rate, which is about 3% to 3.5% per annum.
You can withdraw your money from the money market fund at any time, without any penalty. This allows you to invest in the stockmarket to earn a higher return, when it corrects down to a lower level.
You can find more details in www.income.coop/faq. You can telephone or visit the business center of NTUC Income to talk to a consultant.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
04/15 - 04/22
- Change in occupation
- Feeder services
- Selling your life insurance policy
- Life insurance with regular paybacks
- Critical illness
- Decreasing term with living benefit
- How to invest in index funds
- Planning for a retirement income
- Feedback on Public Transport
- More trains needed during off-peak hours
- Term insurance in USA - risk factors
- Book early to enjoy lower hotel rates
- Term insurance rates in USA
- How to get low term insurance rates
- Common Sense Investing
- Call your insurer first
- Claim on several accident policies
- Write a Will
- Insurance payout are tax-free
- Advantages of taking a bus
- More insurers offer term insurance policies
- Where to find part time work?
- See the big picture
- Part time work for seniors
- Money market rates are softening
- Walk down Orchard Road at night
- Tribute To Our Pioneers and Unsung Heroes
- Expensive taxi ride
- Better to take public transport
- Time line planning
- Travel insurance for more than 90 days
- Continue with your existing policy
- Switch from Living Endowment?
- Save for your future needs
- Cactus flower in bloom
- Expensive taxi ride
- Travel Insurance
- Where to buy term insurance?
- Mortgage Protection Policy
- Cover for critical illness
- "All Risk" insurance of valuables
- Cactus in bloom
- Visit to the Turf Club
- Return from endowment policy
- Return from an annuity is more than 2% p.a.
- Is my savings adequate?
- Enjoy a higher interest rate with the money market...
- Present views of commuters
- ▼ 04/15 - 04/22 (48)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)