If you are not able to continue with your life insurance policy, the insurer will pay its cash value to you. This cash value is calculated by the insurer to give them a profit when you surrender.
You may be able to find a buyer who is willing to pay a higher amount to buy the life insurance policy from you. The buyer will continue to pay the premium and collect the maturity or death benefit.
This breaks the monopoly of the insurer who issue the policy. This competition may force the insurer to pay a higher cash value to their policyholder.
There is a moral risk that the buyer of the policy may benefit substantially on the premature death of the policyholder. Apparently, this is allowed by law.
Someone has set up an operation in Singapore to buy over the life insurance policy from the policyholder. If you look for "sell endowment" in Google search, you may be able to find some links to this service.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
04/15 - 04/22
- Change in occupation
- Feeder services
- Selling your life insurance policy
- Life insurance with regular paybacks
- Critical illness
- Decreasing term with living benefit
- How to invest in index funds
- Planning for a retirement income
- Feedback on Public Transport
- More trains needed during off-peak hours
- Term insurance in USA - risk factors
- Book early to enjoy lower hotel rates
- Term insurance rates in USA
- How to get low term insurance rates
- Common Sense Investing
- Call your insurer first
- Claim on several accident policies
- Write a Will
- Insurance payout are tax-free
- Advantages of taking a bus
- More insurers offer term insurance policies
- Where to find part time work?
- See the big picture
- Part time work for seniors
- Money market rates are softening
- Walk down Orchard Road at night
- Tribute To Our Pioneers and Unsung Heroes
- Expensive taxi ride
- Better to take public transport
- Time line planning
- Travel insurance for more than 90 days
- Continue with your existing policy
- Switch from Living Endowment?
- Save for your future needs
- Cactus flower in bloom
- Expensive taxi ride
- Travel Insurance
- Where to buy term insurance?
- Mortgage Protection Policy
- Cover for critical illness
- "All Risk" insurance of valuables
- Cactus in bloom
- Visit to the Turf Club
- Return from endowment policy
- Return from an annuity is more than 2% p.a.
- Is my savings adequate?
- Enjoy a higher interest rate with the money market...
- Present views of commuters
- ▼ 04/15 - 04/22 (48)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)