Friday, April 20, 2007

More trains needed during off-peak hours

I took the SMRT train from Dhoby Ghaut to Yio Chu Kang at 10.45 pm. I had to wait a long time for the train to come. When it arrived, the station was packed with commuters.

The train was fully loaded all the way to Yio Chu Kang station. Most of the commuters crowded near the door of the train. It is difficult for other commuters to leave or enter the train.

This is late in the evening, during off-peak hours.

I hope that SMRT will operate more trains during off peak hours, so that the commuters do not have to wait a long time and stand in a crowded train for most of the journey. I hope that they can offer a more comfortable ride for commuters during the off-peak hours.

If you agree with my suggestion, go to this portal and vote on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree. If public transport can be a reasonably comfortable and efficient at an affordable price, more people will be willing to give up driving their own cars.
SMRT trains are too crowded and waiting times for some buses too long during peak hours.

Anonymous said...

If the people in charge of our public transport were to actually utilise it everyday instead of travelling in their cars, I'm sure the current situation would b vastly improved.

Blog Archive