Dear Mr. Tan,
Is it possible to buy term insurance with critical illness coverage for my newborn baby? Or must I sign up for a whole life policy to have critical illness coverage?
I am looking to cover him up to age 65. I will also be getting for him Enhanced Incomeshield (Preferred) Plan. I feel that critical illness coverage is essential even with a Shield Plan as the Shield Plan only covers hospitalisation and surgical expenses but not living expenses, which could place a heavy burden on an affected person's family if the affected person is unable to find permanent employment for an extended time. Please advise.
My view is that it is not necessary to buy Term insurance or critical illness coverage for a baby or a child.
If you feel that this is necessary, you should be able to find an insurance agent to sell the coverage for you. The agent is likely to convince you to buy a whole life policy.
Read this FAQ:
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
02/17 - 02/24
- Motor Car Insurance
- Educating the public
- Early repayment of housing loan
- Tax Benefits in Life Insurance Products
- Refund of premium
- Keep your money in CPF Special Account
- Financial contagion
- Keep your existing policy
- Term insurance covers critical illness
- Singapore in the year 2010
- Savings for your child
- Commission on high cost policies
- Insurance agents need to make a living
- Critical illness
- Insuring a child for critical illness
- Selecting a policy to terminate
- Critical illness coverage for a baby
- Need a bank loan for a retail business
- Achiever Policy
- Dear Mr. Tan, I find your blog very interesting. I...
- Mr. Tan, I was about to sign up a long term saving...
- Wrong address won 4D first prize
- Jetstar to Kuala Lumpur
- High cost Investment Linked Policy
- Travelling to Kuala Lumpur and Bahrain
- Near target of 1,000 visitors
- Timing the market
- Expense ratio of investment funds
- Investing in REITS
- Calculating the yield
- ETF and Unit Trust
- Decline in interest rate
- Regular replacement of policy
- Financial crisis every 10 years?
- Marketing to residents living nearby
- Greed makes monkey of men
- Financial product with a guaranteed return
- ▼ 02/17 - 02/24 (39)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)