Where will you like to place your life time savings?
1. With a company that you can trust?
2. With a company that is professionally runned with the aim to make most profit?
If you buy a life insurance policy, you have incurred a large upfront cost. You are stuck with the policy for many years, usually with a poor return. A large part of the gain goes to pay the insurance agent who sells the policy to you, and to make profit for the insurance company.
Here are the tips for consumers:
1. Invest in a financial product that have low upfront cost, such as a unit trust
2. Buy your insurance protection separately, e.g. through a Term or accident insurance policy
3. If you buy an endowment or whole life policy, choose a company that operates on low cost and is worthy of your trust.
- ► 2013 (307)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
02/17 - 02/24
- Motor Car Insurance
- Educating the public
- Early repayment of housing loan
- Tax Benefits in Life Insurance Products
- Refund of premium
- Keep your money in CPF Special Account
- Financial contagion
- Keep your existing policy
- Term insurance covers critical illness
- Singapore in the year 2010
- Savings for your child
- Commission on high cost policies
- Insurance agents need to make a living
- Critical illness
- Insuring a child for critical illness
- Selecting a policy to terminate
- Critical illness coverage for a baby
- Need a bank loan for a retail business
- Achiever Policy
- Dear Mr. Tan, I find your blog very interesting. I...
- Mr. Tan, I was about to sign up a long term saving...
- Wrong address won 4D first prize
- Jetstar to Kuala Lumpur
- High cost Investment Linked Policy
- Travelling to Kuala Lumpur and Bahrain
- Near target of 1,000 visitors
- Timing the market
- Expense ratio of investment funds
- Investing in REITS
- Calculating the yield
- ETF and Unit Trust
- Decline in interest rate
- Regular replacement of policy
- Financial crisis every 10 years?
- Marketing to residents living nearby
- Greed makes monkey of men
- Financial product with a guaranteed return
- ▼ 02/17 - 02/24 (39)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)