Dear Tan Kin Lian,
I purchase the investment link policy(ILP) for 1 year. My uncle told me that ILP is not worth to buy. The insurance company and agent earn more commission. His advise is:
1) Don't join investment and insurance together, will definitely not benefit the policy holder.
2) For insurance, buy term life insurance which is cheaper and coverage higher.
3) For investment, buy mutual funds by our own.
Then I consult my agent and told him what my uncle told me.
My agent said that:
1) Term life policy do not cover the 36 diseases and medical card.
2) ILP coverage are Personal Accident(PA), Medical Card, 36 disease, Permanent Disability.
3) If I want to buy a policy which cover up all the above without investment, the premium pay is even more higher than ILP.
4) He will get higher commission if I buy all those policy separately.
Is that true? Hope can receive your valuable advise.
I agree with your uncle. The agent does not give you the best advice.
Read these FAQs:
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
03/23 - 03/30
- Expensive medical treatment
- Learn about property derivatives
- Government Bonds
- Invest your SRS
- Poor value from USD policies
- Set a realistic goal
- Defamatory comments
- Honesty is the best policy
- Stamp duty on purchase of property
- Mall of Asia, Manila
- Role of agents
- Cost of insurance
- Best insurance plan for your child
- Earn a return of 6% to 24% per annum?
- Fuel consumption for your car
- Sunset at Manila Bay
- Good advice from an uncle
- 1,027 visits on Mar 26, 2008
- Universal Life - look at the charges
- Simpler way to mail a letter
- Low cost products
- Financial planning can be confusing
- Petrol cost per kilometer travelled
- Travel to Manila, Philippines
- Switching into the Wealth Accumulator plan
- Investing in REITS
- Quality of a Good Leader in Science
- Price subsidy for essential products
- Life insurance products
- Know What's Ethical
- Take the risk and get a higher return
- Creaming off the customer
- Planning for financial security of family
- Can you trust your insurance company?
- Invest for the long term
- Disability income and family income
- Submit income tax return by e-filing
- Term insurance with income benefit
- Estate duty in Singapore
- Low cost insurance
- ▼ 03/23 - 03/30 (40)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)