Dear Mr. Tan,
I have been a regular reader of your blog since recent months. and found it is very informative and helpful. Thank you so much for your invaluable sharing.
I understand more about how insurance works, but start to struggle about the policies bought for my families now. We bought the whole life plan for my husband and myself since 2004. The coverage is US $50,000. The premiums total USD 2000 for both policies. The breakeven is 12 years in USD, but we are also losing on the depreciation of USD.
What will be your advice on these policies? Stop? Reduce the coverages? I know the current value of them should be very poor.
I am sorry that I do not have the time to give specific advice of this kind.
I suggest that you read the FAQ in my blog and see if you can get any answers from there.
- ► 2013 (301)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
03/23 - 03/30
- Expensive medical treatment
- Learn about property derivatives
- Government Bonds
- Invest your SRS
- Poor value from USD policies
- Set a realistic goal
- Defamatory comments
- Honesty is the best policy
- Stamp duty on purchase of property
- Mall of Asia, Manila
- Role of agents
- Cost of insurance
- Best insurance plan for your child
- Earn a return of 6% to 24% per annum?
- Fuel consumption for your car
- Sunset at Manila Bay
- Good advice from an uncle
- 1,027 visits on Mar 26, 2008
- Universal Life - look at the charges
- Simpler way to mail a letter
- Low cost products
- Financial planning can be confusing
- Petrol cost per kilometer travelled
- Travel to Manila, Philippines
- Switching into the Wealth Accumulator plan
- Investing in REITS
- Quality of a Good Leader in Science
- Price subsidy for essential products
- Life insurance products
- Know What's Ethical
- Take the risk and get a higher return
- Creaming off the customer
- Planning for financial security of family
- Can you trust your insurance company?
- Invest for the long term
- Disability income and family income
- Submit income tax return by e-filing
- Term insurance with income benefit
- Estate duty in Singapore
- Low cost insurance
- ▼ 03/23 - 03/30 (40)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)