I passed through a few small towns in Java during my trip to Bandung from Jakarta. In each town, there is a service called "Angkutan Kota" or "Town Transport".
This service uses a passenger van that can take 6 to 8 passengers. The service runs along a designated route. The driver can pick and drop passengers anywhere along the route. The fare is from 50 to 80 cents.
This is similar to the light bus service in Hong Kong. I find it to be quite practical and useful. It has several of the advantages of a taxi and is much more affordable.
I hope that Singapore will adopt a similar service to serve the local town and to bring commuters to the MRT station, bus terminus or town center.
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
06/15 - 06/22
- Bonus should be based on actual experience
- Do not terminate your policies
- Offensive Postings
- Harrassment by lawyer acting for third party
- Products that give poor value to consumers
- A complicated product, with low yield
- Business Ethics
- A poor yield on single premium endowment
- Incontestable Clause
- Rejection of Shield claim
- Loss of goodwill
- Saving for an early retirement
- Personal insurances - making the right choice
- Financial Planning Tips
- See if you're getting a GOOD DEAL
- He who pays the piper
- Town Transport in Java
- ▼ 06/15 - 06/22 (18)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)