Read this story.
I am surprised that Thomas Adams and the New York Times is bold to write the article in this direct manner. They are protected by a vigorous culture of tranparency and accountability that is available under the American system.
Singapore is far behind in this aspect. It is so easy for for big businesses and powerful people to sue individuals in Singapore and intimidate them into silence. It is unfair and undesirable, but this is the Singapore system. I hope that this situation will be corrected.
- ► 2019 (1703)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
12/20 - 12/27
- Dangers of Big Banks
- Paul Volcker on Financial Innovation
- Temasek review reported on my views about MM Lee's...
- Glass Stegall Act
- High retail price
- Advice on making insurance claims
- Pop star: Boymongoose
- About the father of modern day Singapore
- Good and bad regulation
- Today in Singapore
- Bad snow storms
- Need to tax fat bonuses
- Why roulette is better than land banking
- SCMP: Investors offered 80 pct payout for Lehman p...
- Repaying bailout funds
- Goldman Sachs and synthethetic CDO
- Quality of life and occupation
- Insuring a home for the right value
- Are Singaporeans less hard working and hard drivin...
- Confidentiality agreements
- Did the investment banks benefited at the expense ...
- Old and new citizens
- Will Goldman Sachs sue Thomas Adams?
- Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for 2010
- Playing with fire
- Churning the CPF savings
- Rechargeable torchlight and shape quiz
- Vera and Nadya
- Helping the poor
- Ask about the charges
- Get full facts about the financial product
- The Fed's regulatory errors
- Observations about Hong Kong
- Stress at FIDREC hearngs
- Avoid ETF with steep fees
- Need for savings and liquidity
- Shape Quiz at $2
- Climbing stairs as an exercise
- Time to scrap the White Pages
- Coping with unemployment
- Investing in properties
- Understanding fund brochures
- Why pay Singapore TV licence?
- Need to investigate AIG
- Bonus of bankers
- Panda in zoo in Chengdu, China
- Pearl Shaol Falls in Jiuzhaigou, China
- Take care of customers
- ▼ 12/20 - 12/27 (48)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)