Someone told me an interesting analogy.
The Authority allowed the toxic products to be sold but require the issuer to put into a statement into the prospectus, "This product carries risk. You may lose some or all of your money".
It is similar to making a statement, "If you are on the road, you may be knocked down by a vehicle". After making this statement, the Authority does not need to control the behavior of the drivers and the vehicles on the road, i.e no need for traffic controls, rules or their enforcement. After all, the Authority has discharged its responsibility by giving the warning.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (303)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
02/14 - 02/21
- Accountant interested in Pro-Investor
- Good response to rechargeble torchlight
- Talk at Pasir Ris Library - Financial Planning in ...
- Increase in motor insurance premiums
- Shared bicycles at University of Indonesia
- Affordable housing - 3 years of average income
- Products at Internet Shop
- Get compensation from distributor
- Biggest speculation of a lifetime
- Insurance brokerage and conflict of interest
- TKL Intelligence Quiz Vol 3
- Social insurance
- Giving up an existing investment-linked policy
- Switching to a new policy with special benefits
- Home: our planet Earth
- SCMP: Government may compete for insurance. Govern...
- Difficult to cross Singapore roads
- Toxic products and traffic control
- Switching between guaranteed and investment linked...
- Watching EPL in 2010
- Resort World Sentosa
- Gift for mothers of new born babies
- Financial Planning book available at bookstores
- Draft letter to MAS on Mini-bond settlement
- Draft letter to Trustee of Minibond
- Fee to swap counter party on Mini bond
- Needs and Wants
- Logic9 (pocket size Sudoku)
- Switching to a limited payment whole life policy
- All in the Family
- Economic strategies committee - real change or jus...
- Cut working week to 21 hours
- Alex Tan's talk at Speaker's Corner
- Slow start for Integrated Resort in Sentosa
- Minimum wage and cost of living
- Speaker's Corner - Singaporeans vs Foreigners
- Minimum wage and cost of a maid
- Welfare in Singapore
- A nice name for big gambling
- ▼ 02/14 - 02/21 (40)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)