Singtel will take over the broadcast of the English Premier League in 2010 for 3 years. Soccer fans have to switch over to the Mio platform. Many homes will have to run two sets of cables to watch the TV channels provided by Singtel and Starhub. This is a costly and wasteful exercise.
Starhub has offered to run the EPL channels for free. I hope that Singtel will accept this offer and save the subscribers the hassle of running a new set of cables. It was also save Singtel the headache of handling large numbers of subscriptions, which is likely to lead to technical and customer service issues.
Here are the results of a survey carried out a few weeks ago. Among the soccer fans, 61% will switch over to Singtel but 39% will give up their sports subscriptions. 77% prefer that the EPL channels be made available on both platforms.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
02/14 - 02/21
- Accountant interested in Pro-Investor
- Good response to rechargeble torchlight
- Talk at Pasir Ris Library - Financial Planning in ...
- Increase in motor insurance premiums
- Shared bicycles at University of Indonesia
- Affordable housing - 3 years of average income
- Products at Internet Shop
- Get compensation from distributor
- Biggest speculation of a lifetime
- Insurance brokerage and conflict of interest
- TKL Intelligence Quiz Vol 3
- Social insurance
- Giving up an existing investment-linked policy
- Switching to a new policy with special benefits
- Home: our planet Earth
- SCMP: Government may compete for insurance. Govern...
- Difficult to cross Singapore roads
- Toxic products and traffic control
- Switching between guaranteed and investment linked...
- Watching EPL in 2010
- Resort World Sentosa
- Gift for mothers of new born babies
- Financial Planning book available at bookstores
- Draft letter to MAS on Mini-bond settlement
- Draft letter to Trustee of Minibond
- Fee to swap counter party on Mini bond
- Needs and Wants
- Logic9 (pocket size Sudoku)
- Switching to a limited payment whole life policy
- All in the Family
- Economic strategies committee - real change or jus...
- Cut working week to 21 hours
- Alex Tan's talk at Speaker's Corner
- Slow start for Integrated Resort in Sentosa
- Minimum wage and cost of living
- Speaker's Corner - Singaporeans vs Foreigners
- Minimum wage and cost of a maid
- Welfare in Singapore
- A nice name for big gambling
- ▼ 02/14 - 02/21 (40)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)