Saturday, June 05, 2010

Avoid markeeteers

In the past, many people have approached me on land banking and time sharing products. These are people who meet me at various events and claimed to know me. They gave me a business cards indicating their involvement in these companies. They wanted to market the products to me. I declined. Some of these marketeers called my home telephone to tell me about the investment opportunities. I also declined to talk to them.

I make it a point to avoid every one who markets investment products. I know that they earn commission from their sales to investors. It is easy for them to tell stories about how much profit can be made from these investments, so that they can close a sale and earn their commission. But the stories of the potential profits are mostly exaggerated.

I do not even bother to spend time to due research on these investment products. I just avoided all of them. This is why I did not know about the min-bonds, pinnacle notes and other credit-linked notes until they busted.

Tan Kin Lian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If they they qualified FINANCIAL ADVISER from reputable companies, it is hard to resist. Because it could be genuine opportunity.

But now it is too late. We have opened our eyes but ""see"" the wrong things.

Blog Archive