A consumer asked for my views about the Family3 policy. He was approached by an agent and was not sure if this is a good policy to buy.
I advised the consumer to read my FAQ on Family3 in my website, www.tankinlian.com/ask.aspx. (Search for Family3). There are a few FAQs written on this policy.
I also advised the consumer to read my book, Practical Guide on Financial Planning, available at www.tankinlian.com/ishop and to attend the educational talk on financial planning organised by FISCA (www.fisca.sg).
I hope that consumers will spend some time and money to be educated, so that they do not buy the wrong insurance product from an insurance agent who is unable to explain the product to the consumer and cannot be trusted to give the right advice to the consumer, due to the conflict of interest.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (301)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
11/07 - 11/14
- Wisdom on How to Live Life - Dr. Tommy Wong
- Financial planning book - discount of 33.3%
- Recent events and financial literacy
- Invest in preference shares
- Youth gangs
- Product Highlight Sheet for DBS Preference Shares
- Preference shares - perpetual and redeemable
- Medishield for a pensioner
- DBS Preference Shares
- But agents exert powerful sway over buyer's choice...
- Gideon Lee: Buyers, not agents, decide the product...
- Churning of Life Insurance Policies
- Financial Planning Talk - 4 Dec 2010
- Talk to NTU Risk Management Society
- Visit to Masdar City
- Political parties and general election
- Choice of insurance plan and cost
- Resource materials in TKL website
- Past general elections in Singapore
- Extract the key information from a webpage
- MacDonald's Monopoly Promotion
- Financial Planning book at 40% discount
- Two key factors insurance buyers don't know
- What is "churning" ?
- Abu Dhabi and Masdar
- Win-win approach
- Capital controls to stop asset bubbles
- Interesting topics in SGEP
- Quantitative Easing - impact on Singapore
- Dubai - hassle free for travellers
- Water, Water Everywhere
- FISCA Talk - Consumer Guide to Insurance
- Different Types of ETFs
- Is life insurance good or bad?
- General Election in Singapore - latest news from t...
- How to say "No" to an insurance agent
- Consumer finance portal launches here
- Tangram and Shape Quiz
- Creating employment
- Bank interest rate - discriminatory practices
- Managing personal risk - importance of savings
- Cost of term insurance
- Online courses
- How to Pick Your Next Computer
- Guiding a child to financial independence
- Measure of economic progress
- Reply to Jeffrey Tan, President of IFPAS
- Bread Talk and Bread Life
- Cheated on inferior products
- Global Economic Turmoil
- How people vote
- ▼ 11/07 - 11/14 (52)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)