I recently came across a practice by some agents which i find rather uncomfortable. But there is nothing much I can do about it so I hope you can raise some awareness about this so as to prevent more people from falling victim.
The scenario is as follow: Agent/financial advisor went back to all his/her existing/orphan clients with an regular ILP plan and told them about a new plan which is a similar ILP(change in version/name) and advise them that they can get more coverage with the same regular premium. client took up the plan without realising that the first ILP will be going into non forfieture.
After 2 years, the client can terminate his first ILP and get back a sum of money.
This is very unethical as the client as the client could have avoid unnecessary charges by maintaining the initial plan instead of getting the new ILP.
Agent/FA gets away with the commsion, production as non forfieture is not considered as replacement for some Insurance company.
I guess you have better resources to educate the client or to engage the relavent department to put a stop to this. Hope to clear the bad name of insurance.
It is very sad that insurance agents are acting unethically and the insurance company and the regulator are not taking action to stop the abuse. This type of case is quite rampant. It is easy to catch the financial adviser who engage in this abuse, if the regulator is willing to take the trouble.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
01/23 - 01/30
- Singapore's national debt is high
- Family Life 1.1 is now in beta mode
- A bad investment product
- US Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission
- Sample financial plans
- Unethical practice by insurance agents
- Big professional liability risk
- Unfair conversion rate
- Single Premium Heritage Plan
- Beautiful scenes of Switzerland
- 40% discount on books
- Plan for retirement at age 65
- Poor yield on Vivo-life
- Act with honor and integrity
- Deposits with M V Land
- SingTel services to Tan Kin Lian & Associates
- How to buy Term Insurance
- Lion City 1957
- Sale of insurance over the telephone
- Most capitalist country
- Lunar New Year Gift
- BEST - business simulation game
- Excessive charges by SingTel
- Bad experience with M V Land
- SGEP Editorial
- Poor yield from Vivo-life policy
- Guaranteed Life Annuity
- Potential fraud
- North South Expressway
- Why are insurance agents wealthy?
- Low yield on Endowment policy
- Practical Guide on Financial Planning - discount
- Demystifying child insurance plans
- Easysearch Portal
- Guidance on your Financial Planning
- Social and political issues
- ▼ 01/23 - 01/30 (36)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)