Friday, June 10, 2011

My statements - Presidential Election

I have issued a few statements in connection with my participation in the Presidential Election. They are posted here: http://www.tankinlian.com/Information.aspx?CatID=16

Some people have been misquoting my intentions (often unknowingly) in the social and mainstream media. I urge them to check the facts and read my statements correctly before they pass any opinions about my intentions.

I also urge my well wishers to help me in pointing out the facts to the people who made these opinions based on misunderstanding of the facts.

Tan Kin Lian

4 comments:

The said...

Is there such a thing as correct fact and wrong fact?

Tan Kin Lian said...

Thank you for pointing out the wrong use of the word "fact". I have now corrected the last statement.

Daniel said...

Dear Mr Tan,
I guess you are a formidable force to reckon with in this election.

The misquoting of your intention could be intentional or unintentional. The main stream media has the duty to correct this misquoting to its readers.

I suggest 2 things, Mr Tan:
1. Write to the MSM forum to correct what has been said that you disagree.
2. Direct them to your website. This ensures readers have first hand info on what has been said.

All the best, Mr Tan!

Daniel

Singapore's 5 Minute Investment Diary said...

Dear Mr Tan
Please don't feel obliged to post this comment.

Please don't let the "misquoting" bother you.

This may be part of "gamesmanship".

"a way of increasing your chances of success against an opponent by doing things to make your opponent lose confidence"
Source: http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/gamesmanship


The battle for votes takes place in the mind of the voters.

"Misquoting" may be an attempt to psychologically move you into a disadvantageous position in the minds of the voters.

Blog Archive