Many people have asked me, "Mr. Tan, if you were the Elected President, what would you do to follow the steps taken by President Ong Teng Cheong to safeguard our reserves"?
I have written this paper to explain the issues involved in performing this role and the new approach that I intend to take, if I were elected as President.
I have now decided to contest the Presidential Election (if I am given the Certificate of Eligibility). I shall issue a full statement today or tomorrow.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
06/05 - 06/12
- Listing Singapore's physical assets
- What is a Plutocracy?
- To dare mighty things
- Trading in Govt Bonds in SGX
- Ministry of Law statement on Elected President
- Is the President merely a rubber stamp?
- Beyond guarding the reserves
- Legal and moral role of the President
- Land banking in the UK
- Justice and the rule of law
- My statements - Presidential Election
- Statement in Chinese - Contest the Presidential El...
- Millionaires in Singapore
- Powers of the Elected President
- Temasek Review Online Poll
- Safeguarding our reserves - investment policy
- Can the President speak up?
- Lehman decision await UK result - Australia
- TODAY - Tan Kin Lian to rely on social media
- President's pardon and ISA
- Contest the Presidential Election
- Annual report from the President
- President has to work within the Constitution
- Review committee - TKL submission
- CNA report - TKL to run for Presidency
- Make Singaporeans important
- Tranparency and Political Salary
- CV of Tan Kin Lian up to 2007
- Safeguarding the reserves
- Transparency of reserves
- Ask Tuition
- Shares the same values
- The meaning of public service
- Posting in Yahoo website
- Lehman investors get $100 million surprise - Austr...
- Deposit Insurance Scheme
- Operation Spectrum 1988
- Follow TKL blog
- Denise Phua and Ministers' Salaries
- The toxic investments saga in 2008
- Powers of the President of Singapore
- Create the Singapore we used to love
- Misplaced trust in the system
- Encouragement from a student of SMU
- Questions for Tan Kin Lian
- HK and mini-bonds
- Vera visits Sydney Aquarium
- Service to the country
- ▼ 06/05 - 06/12 (48)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)