Friday, July 22, 2011

TKL Media Statement - Dr Tan Cheng Bock apply for Certificate of Eligibility


I am glad that Dr Tan Cheng Bock is submitting his application for the Certificate of Eligibility and wish him all the best in getting approval from the Presidential Election Committee. I have high regard for Dr. Tan Cheng Bock and look forward to a dignified contest with him and other candidate(s) in the election.

With more candidates standing for election, the voters of Singapore will have a wider choice of selecting the next President of Singapore. The contest will make more citizens aware of the importance of this position and educate more people on the need to make a wise choice.

I will be standing for election to offer to the people the following choice of electing me to:

  • Be a VOICE of the PEOPLE to carry their views, concerns and aspirations to the Government.
  • Be INDEPENDENT of the PAP government but to work with it to find solutions that are best for the people
  • Apply my knowledge and expertise to SAFEGUARD their CPF savings and the RESERVES of Singapore.
I also reiterate my pledge to donate at least half of the President's salary towards charity and other causes. I am encouraged by the feedback I have received to date (see http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=161923467213647

I invite the people of Singapore to read more about my campaign statements and activities in www.tkl2011.com.

With restrictions on the campaign activities as advised by the Prime Minister's Office, I call on the mainstream media to give equal coverage to all the candidates, so that the people can have the relevant information to make a wise choice in voting for their President.

No comments:

Blog Archive