Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Cars damaged by fallen tress

Richard Goh asked:
Yesterday, a few cars were damaged by fallen trees. Under such circumstances, if the  cars were parked in designated car park lots, can the owners claim from their insurances or the car park management, like URA or HDB or Town Councils. Your advice to all will be appreciated. 

 If you want to claim against the car park management, you have to prove that they were negligent. They can easily point out that the trees fell not because of their negligence, but by "an act of God". The claim is not likely to succeed.
The owner can claim for the damage to the cars under their own motor insurance policy.

No comments:

Blog Archive