Thursday, August 22, 2019

How will the HDB home improvement program affect the general election?

Mr Tan,

What are your thoughts on PAP's Home Improvement Programme?

Here is an article for your better understanding: https://blog.moneysmart.sg/property/home-improvement-programme-hip-hdb-costs-singapore/

This is also an explanation on what Lee Hsien Loong talks of VERS, HIP1 and HIP2 in last year's National Day Rally.

About 2-3 weeks ago, Dr Chee and his SDP went to my Jurong East or Yuhua constituency in reaching out, networking and connecting with my residents.

I don't mean to be negative but while I appreciated their efforts, I don't think they will win.

Reason is because we have had a Home Improvement Polling Day last Sunday in my area by my MP Grace Fu. Most residents supported the programme wholeheartedly. After all, the government pays 3/4 of the costs or over $15000 while the residents pay the rest.

REPLY
The Hip Improvement Program is attractive to the HDB residents, as a large part of the cost is paid by the government.

When it comes to voting at the general election, the voters have to consider many other issues, such as cost of living, jobs, CPF, health care cost, etc. I think they will not be voting based on the benefit that they get from the upgrading program only.


No comments:

Blog Archive