Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Working in Canada, compared to Singapore

My friend worked in Singapore as a permanent resident for 10 years. He decided to migrate to Canada. He found a job as a software developer.

He made this comparison between working in Canada and in Singapore.

Quote:
I will probably say it is still comparable even after tax. (Tax rate in Canada is quite high.)
However, I do not have to worry much about my health care or my wife's at all.
When we have children, their basic education is free. (Nursery and tertiary are not.)
More, even if I lose job for non-cause (i.e. no fault of my own), there is employment insurance.
Here, governments are eager to spend money on people to help them with their lives.
In general, social welfare is much better here with slower pace compared to Singapore.
On the other hand, Singapore has stronger job market with truly cosmopolitan nature.

No comments:

Blog Archive