Question: Should young adults think about financial planning, when their earning is still low?
Yes. Each person should save at least 10% of their earnings. This is very important, as jobs are uncertain. They may also need their saving to meet an unexpected payment, including a large medical bill, or when they lose their job.
Question: How should they invest their saving?
They should invest in a flexible saving plan that can give an attractive rate of return over several years. An investment-linked plan from NTUC Income is probably the best. It is more appropriate than a bank account or a traditional life insurance plan.
Question: Does this plan have high charges?
Most investment-linked plans have high charges. But you can choose a plan that invest 100% of your monthly savings immediately, and incur low charges.
Question: Does this plan provide insurance protection?
It is better for you to buy a decreasing term assurance. It provides high coverage at a low premium that remains fixed during the term.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
12/04 - 12/11
- Buy Term Assurance
- Crazy Horse Cabaret in Singapore
- Handphone of accident can help
- New Paper: Electrician bullied me
- Q&A: Financial Planning for the Young
- Q&A: How to select an investment fund
- No claim discount for health insurance
- Positive feedback from our policyholder
- Tips for motorists
- Website: Know Your Insurance
- Educational Talks
- Compliment on good service
- Offer of refund to annuitants
- Reply to Chia Yoong Song on Incomeshield M
- Policyholder have second thoughts about going to d...
- Financial Planning: Tips for the Young
- Financial Planning: Tips for Young Parents
- My personal views on the Melvyn Tan's eposide
- ▼ 12/04 - 12/11 (18)