For the last three months, we have four cases where the owner rent their car to a stranger for a certain period.
Later, the hirer disappears without a trace leaving the car owner in a lurch. The car was reported as "stolen" but the insurance policy does not cover the lost of the vehicle while it is being illegally rented out.
We suspect that the rented cars were driven across the Causeway to be sold.
We wish to warn the public that it is illegal to rent your vehicle without a proper permit and insurance coverage. Most importantly, you should not fall victim to this criminal act.
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
04/02 - 04/09
- Technology Fund performed well during past 3 years...
- Adequate provision for motor claims
- Additional Cover for Renting a car overseas
- Quite a hassle to file my income tax returns throu...
- Do not rent your car to a stranger
- Banks charge differently from what they say
- Annuity plans needs improvement
- Tips on Financial Planning
- Assessment on the spot
- You can change a nomination
- Policyholder ask for supplementary liability cover...
- ▼ 04/02 - 04/09 (11)
- ► 2005 (159)