Saturday, April 08, 2006

Technology Fund performed well during past 3 years

The Technology Fund managed by NTUC Income started in 2001 and had two bad years.

It performed well during past 3 years (2003 to 2005), as follows:

- actual return (net of manager fee): 18.2%
- benchmark: 17.2% pa.
- outperformance: 1.0% p.a

It continued to perform well during the first quarter of 2006:

- actual return (net of manager fee) 6.4%
- benchmark's 3.4%.
- outperforamnce: 3.0%

During my educational talk for the past year, I was often asked by a participant, "Should I move out of Technology Fund? What is your advice?".

My answer was, "I also invested in the Technology Fund. I have decided to stay invested. The Fund will recover".

My view turned out to be right.

1 comment:

Victor Foo said...

I do always believe that Technology Fund should perform steadily and will soon return in the reckoning; especially all fields of technology including Information and Communications Technology, Biotechnology and the Life Sciences.

Blog Archive