Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Are pre-existing conditions excluded?

QUESTION

I am a civil servant. I have been covered under CPF Medishield since its introduction. I did not opt out from Medishield, even through I am covered for medical benefits by the civil service.

I attended your educational talk and wish to move to IncomeShield for better coverage. But I am afraid that any pre-existing illness will not be covered under IncomeShield. What is your advice

REPLY

If you wish to know whether you can be covered under Incomeshield, all you have to do is put in an application. It cost you nothing.

If there is any exclusion for pre-existing conditions, we will ask for your agreement. The exclusion, if any, will be endorsed on your policy.

If your pre-existing conditions are properly disclosed to us and are not endorsed as exclusion, you will be covered.

When you opt for Incomeshield, you will continue to be covered by Medishield for all your pre-existing conditions.

No comments:

Blog Archive