Thursday, June 15, 2006

A buying opportunity?

The market correction has been more severe than I had expected.

The Japan market has dropped by 20% from its peak. The Singapore market dropped by about 15%. The US market dropped by about 10%.

The combined fund (growth) from NTUC Income probably dropped by about 7% to 10%. It dropped less than the other markets, due to a 30% component invested in bonds.

Here is the good news for long term investors. You have the chance to invest now, at a much lower price. And benefit from the long term appreciation of the investment funds.

I have an additional $100,000 to be invested. I shall be deciding within the next two weeks.

1 comment:

K.S. said...

I withdraw all my funds after the announcement of bird flu in Sep-2005.... Miss the great bull run in-between then and now.... *sigh*

Let us know when you are entering the market again... Great thanks!

Blog Archive