A policyholder complained that his insurer (not NTUC Income) cut bonuses on all insurance policies in bad times but restored them selectively in good times.
He had two endowment policies outstanding with the company. The bonuses were cut in 1999 and have not been restored since then and the terminal bonus is still in suspension.
According to him, the insurer "was trigger happy to cut bonus rates on its policies during bad times, but during good or better times, restoration was applicable only to policies that matured in certain years. Why was restoration of bonus rates not accorded to all its policies in the same spirit as during the reduction exercise?"
- ► 2013 (307)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
06/11 - 06/18
- Stockmarkets will recover
- Money market fund earns good return
- Bonus Cut and Restoration
- Customer is happy with business center
- A buying opportunity?
- Additional cover for renting a car overseas
- Are pre-existing conditions excluded?
- Approved: 8 cases of reverse mortgage on HDB flats...
- Competitor's agent tell a blatant lie!
- An idea - start the school year in 4 enrolment dat...
- High pressure sales by a bank?
- Pay motor insurance and road tax in monthly instal...
- ▼ 06/11 - 06/18 (12)
- ► 2005 (159)