Three weeks ago, the FED chairman, Bernarke, made some comments about inflation in the USA. It caused the global stockmarkets to fall by 10% to 20%.
A few days ago, he made some positive comments. The global stockmarket recovered by 2% to 4%.
What are the lessons?
- the stockmarkets are volatile
- a long term investor can ignore the volatility
- the monetary authorities around the world want to have a robust stockmarket
Any conclusion? It is better to invest when the stockmarkets are down?
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
06/18 - 06/25
- The person that I admire most
- Do not send policy loan statement?
- Delay and mistake in handling upgrading of Income...
- Overwhelming response to Enhanced Incomeshield
- NTUC Income: Cooperative, your partner for a bette...
- To Sudoku enthusiasts
- High customer satisfaction for motor repairs
- Bank customer is unhappy with a structured deposit...
- Wheel cramp - release fee $100
- Key features of Flexi Cash
- High cost of education
- eNN: News about your neighbourhood
- Cross selling works wonders
- Customer likes our website
- 97% prefer the lower premium
- Lessons on market volatility
- NTUC Income will support parallel importers of car...
- Customer says: Thank you for insuring me!
- ▼ 06/18 - 06/25 (18)
- ► 2005 (159)