CONTRIBUTION TO CEO TALKS, LIANHE ZAOBAO
I admire Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft.
After making many billions of dollars, he and his wife decided to donate most of their wealth to charity. They set up a foundation.
The foundation is generous in giving money for worthy causes, to improve the health and lives of millions of poor people around the world.
They decide to distribute their wealth during their lifetime, and not after they have passed away.
They take another step, that is not widely known. They insist that the donee organisations provide an external audit on how their donation is being spent. This ensures that the money is used mainly to benefit the beneficiaries and are not being wasted away.
Wow. Isn't it great?
- ► 2013 (309)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
06/18 - 06/25
- The person that I admire most
- Do not send policy loan statement?
- Delay and mistake in handling upgrading of Income...
- Overwhelming response to Enhanced Incomeshield
- NTUC Income: Cooperative, your partner for a bette...
- To Sudoku enthusiasts
- High customer satisfaction for motor repairs
- Bank customer is unhappy with a structured deposit...
- Wheel cramp - release fee $100
- Key features of Flexi Cash
- High cost of education
- eNN: News about your neighbourhood
- Cross selling works wonders
- Customer likes our website
- 97% prefer the lower premium
- Lessons on market volatility
- NTUC Income will support parallel importers of car...
- Customer says: Thank you for insuring me!
- ▼ 06/18 - 06/25 (18)
- ► 2005 (159)