I met the CEO of two large organisations in my capacity as chairman of the Center for Seniors, to discuss the feasibility of creating jobs for seniors along the following lines:
* they are paid an hourly rate of $6 or higher, depending on skill
* the job involved providing information and assistance to customers
* the seniors will be trained on soft skills and product knowledge prior to their appointment
* the seniors will work during the busy periods, e.g 4 hours a day
* they will handle first level customer servicing, and refer the difficult tasks to specialists
* the earnings of the seniors will be supplemented by workfare bonus paid by the government
* priority will be given to seniors living near the place of work, to reduce the time and cost of travelling
Both organisations are positive. They are willing to try this concept. It has the potential to create over 100 jobs. If this concept proves to be successfully, there will be many other businesses in the community that can provide similar opportunities.
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
02/11 - 02/18
- I like your blog, because it is plain
- I have completed my last day in NTUC Income
- I need to be protected for dread disease
- How to save for the future
- Low Fertility Rate of 1.2
- Growth Policy and Growth Fund
- Early withdrawal of Single Premium Endowment (Grow...
- Policyholder make monthly withdrawal from the Grow...
- Single premium endowment
- Suitable jobs for seniors
- Moral responsibility of a insurance company
- Provide adequate financial security for your famil...
- Best wishes for the Lunar New Year
- Join a Car Pool
- Get a contractor to repair the leak
- Do not understand life insurance?
- What to do when your term insurance expires?
- Encourage more people to save for their retirement...
- Before you go for expensive medical treatment ...
- Tips on Medical Insurance
- You can comment in my blog
- My experience on public transport
- Do not be locked into a poor return
- Compare Ideal plan with unit trust
- Big Trumpet Folder
- High cost of life insurance products
- Why are financial planners more successful in othe...
- A flexible financial plan
- Philp Yeo - Lee Wei Ling Debate
- ▼ 02/11 - 02/18 (29)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)