Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Commuter train service in Kuala Lumpur

I wish to share my experience with the commuter train service in Kuala Lumpur.

I took the Putra LRT Line from KL Sentral to Dang Wangi (3 stops). It is like the MRT in Singapore, but is less crowded and slightly slower. The ride is comfortable.

On my return, I took the KTM Commuter from Bank Negara to KL Sentral. The train is slow, but is air conditioned. The stations are sold (except for KL Sentral).

The disadvantage is that the commuter train system in Kuala Lumpur is not well integrated. If I have to change trains to reach my destination, I have to pay a separate fare for each line. This is not convenient.

1 comment:

Sophie said...

kl is always jammed. it will be worse than bangkok one day!

anyway, a fast train service between kl and singapore will help make things better for the two countries, i think.

http://sophiesworld-sophiesworld.blogspot.com/2007/03/bullet-train-part-2.html

Blog Archive