I met two new friends over a cup of coffee. They asked for my advice on how to obtain high coverage at a low cost.
* if a person in the late 20s buy a whole life policy for $200,000, he has to pay a monthly premium of $300
* if he buys a 20 year deceasing term assurance, the premium is only $20 a month.
They were surprised that the secnond plan is so affordable.
I explained that they can invest the difference of $280 into a unit trust or mutual fund, and get a good return over the next 20 years, and have a flexible savings plan.
"Why did not insurance agent not offer this option?"
The reason: the insurance agent earns much more by selling a whole life policy, instead of a decreasing term policy.
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
04/08 - 04/15
- Advertisements by Google
- Two modes of transport
- Waterfront City, Batam
- Send your articles for posting in my blog
- Ask the great questions
- Activities in Harris Resort
- Logic9 at Harris Resort
- Logic9 (Sudoku) and Business Skills
- Direct access to a contact center officer
- Role of Idac Center for Motor Repairs
- Is the financial product really guaranteed?
- High turnover of agents in China
- Check your financial transactions
- Motor insurance premiums likely to escalate
- Repair your car after an accident
- Motor insurance
- Visitors to my blog
- Car pool
- Consolidated my ILP investments
- Make it easy for the customer to reach you
- Give your rating to the suggestions in the LTA por...
- The purpose of a business
- Maintain flexibility in a financial contract
- Growth plan gives a moderate return with low risk
- Land Transport Authority Feedback Portal
- Dr Money: A Dozen Quick and Easy Tax Tips
- Talk to LTA: pubic transport service
- Medical fee guidelines
- Hot property market
- Right for owner to moderate comments in his blog
- Be Confident & Optimistic
- Should I terminate my existing whole life policy?
- Buying a decreasing term assurance
- Parents wants more term insurance and savings
- More trains for a comfortable ride
- Reduce holdings of Singapore shares
- Accident and term life insurance
- Delay in payment of death claims
- Interest on late payment of claims
- Inspiration – Human Nuclear Energy
- Should I withdraw my profit?
- High coverage at low cost
- Savings for retirement
- Foreign funds are responding to investors' demand
- Local taxis
- Watch out for outflow of foreign funds
- Organising my folders
- My impression of Huangshan, China
- How to get adequate insurance
- Difficult to buy Term Insurance in China
- ▼ 04/08 - 04/15 (50)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)