Sunday, April 08, 2007

My impression of Huangshan, China

Many people said that the scenery in Huangshan is magnificent. I agree.

My wife and I have spent three days in Huangshan. We enjoyed the changing scenaries and the long walks along the mountain paths.

The different parts of the mountains are named as the "north sea", "west sea", "front sea", etc. Why do they name them as "sea", when they are high up in the mountains?

The mountains are high and are above the clouds. When you look at the clouds from above, they look like the "sea".

We flew to Huangshan City from Shanghai. We took a taxi to get to the foot of the mountain. To get to the hotel at the top, we had to take another taxi and cable car ride, and walk for 1 kilometer.

On our return, we took the overnight train from Huangshan City to Shanghai. It was a great experience.

1 comment:

Victor Foo said...

I will never forget the scenery at the Rosy Clouds Peak (in Huangshan) throughout my whole life.

So fabulous ! So incredible !

Blog Archive