Dear Mr Tan,
I have bought the incomeshield Plan P for my children and Plan A for me and my spouse. We are also covered under the Hospital and Surgical Plan with NTUC.
Is it neccessary for us to insure under H&S if we are covered under the incomeshield? Moreover, I and my wife have company hospital insurance coverage.
IF it's not neccessary to cover under the H&S I would rather use the money to invest.
At present, you have triple insurance (ie company plan, Incomeshield, H&S insurance). This is not necessary. You can discontinue your H&S plan.
If you do not have the company plan, you have the following options:
* take an Incomeshield rider to cover the deductible and co-insurance (which is not covered under the Incomeshield plan)
* pay the deductible and co-insurance out of your Medisave account (ie you do not need to insure these items).
Some advisers sell the H&S plan to cover the deductible and co-insurance, before the rider was available. The rider is a better plan to cover these items, as it avoids the duplication (and higher cost) of the H&S plan.
My personal preference is to take Incomeshield only to cover the big bills, and to pay the deductible and co-insurance out of Medisave savings.
- ► 2013 (301)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
05/13 - 05/20
- MiniBond Series
- Yields on money market fund
- Difference between personal and group plan
- Yield on life insurance policies
- Contribute to my blog
- A versatile two letter word
- Avoid triple insurance
- Selecting a good whole life plan
- Modest cost of land in America
- High monthly subscription to golf clubs
- Discount for seniors in USA
- My stay in Deseret
- Bushes and Clintons
- A country house
- The tulip bubble
- Higher interest on Money Market Fund
- Anticipation policy
- Start Maths at five months
- Creative message
- Subway system in Philadelphia
- Poor return on a whole life policy
- Next "Core Fund" of Vanguard
- A restricted blog for a traveller
- Restricted Blog for networking
- How to select the Vanguard ETFs
- Penn's Landing
- Visit to Vanguard Mutual Fund Group
- Raising a baby
- Whole life a cash payment every 5 years
- Advice on real life issues
- The coming of the entrepreneurial society
- Congestion on the Central Expressway
- Promotional rates for bank deposits
- Use Skype and SkypeOut
- Blog - keep in touch
- Transport Operators make good profits
- Historic district in Philadelphia
- Make an interesting blog
- Mr Tan, your blog is boring
- Visiting Vanguard on May 14
- Try to negotiate a fair settlement
- Invest in a life annuity?
- Interview: My blogging experience
- ▼ 05/13 - 05/20 (43)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)