Dear Mr Tan,
If the Growth Policy can return between 3%-4% do you think it is wise to invest your CPF Special Account in this product?
The Special Account gives a guaranteed 4% without the risk and no need to hold to maturity.
I have one NTUC agent persuading me to invest my special account in the Growth POlicy. Trying hard to convince me about the insurance, which is actually a personal insurance stripped of all other benefits. I am amazed by her argument.
It is better to keep your money in the Special Account to earn 4% per annum, rather than invest in the Growth policy, which is likely to pay a lower return. You can get your life insurance by buying a low cost term insurance.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
07/29 - 08/05
- Common Sense and your Blue Rose
- Level premium for Shield plan
- Application of Laws of Chemistry to Our Everyday L...
- Dr. Lee Kum Tatt and his blog
- Some tips on investing in structured products
- Single premium endowment has its attractions
- Earn 4% in your CPF special account
- Buy term and invest in a low cost fund
- Writing a Will
- Starhub Mobile
- Surgical operation was not helpful
- Brief History of Science in Early Singapore
- How to apportion the investments?
- Invest in bonds now?
- Two currencies system
- Financial Planning for the Young (revised FAQ)
- Invest in single premium ILP
- Investing your CPF and cash savings
- Strengths of mature workers
- Use older workers for their strengths
- Budget Roaming with Sunpage
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- A good financial plan - case study
- Growth policy: yield of 4.6% p.a.
- Avoid Roaming Charges
- Shared Values
- Wireless Broadband
- ▼ 07/29 - 08/05 (28)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)