I know of someone who passed away recently. He was over 70 years. He had been on kidney dialysis for many years. He spent two months in a public hospital but they did not operate on him.
Later, he went to a private hospital to carry out an operation. He passed away from some complication arising from the operation. The medical bill was $60,000.
Lesson: Avoid taking an operation at an old age, unless it is clear that the operation is useful and is not risky. Seek a second opinion before carrying out the surgery.
- ► 2013 (307)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
07/29 - 08/05
- Common Sense and your Blue Rose
- Level premium for Shield plan
- Application of Laws of Chemistry to Our Everyday L...
- Dr. Lee Kum Tatt and his blog
- Some tips on investing in structured products
- Single premium endowment has its attractions
- Earn 4% in your CPF special account
- Buy term and invest in a low cost fund
- Writing a Will
- Starhub Mobile
- Surgical operation was not helpful
- Brief History of Science in Early Singapore
- How to apportion the investments?
- Invest in bonds now?
- Two currencies system
- Financial Planning for the Young (revised FAQ)
- Invest in single premium ILP
- Investing your CPF and cash savings
- Strengths of mature workers
- Use older workers for their strengths
- Budget Roaming with Sunpage
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- A good financial plan - case study
- Growth policy: yield of 4.6% p.a.
- Avoid Roaming Charges
- Shared Values
- Wireless Broadband
- ▼ 07/29 - 08/05 (28)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)