I had pain in my foot due probably to gout caused by high uric acid. I visited a hospital in Jakarta. The doctor prescribed Zoletrol to me.
I told him that I was prescribed with Difnal diclofenac in Singapore. He referred to a drug book and told me that Difnal is a pain killer.
I checked Google and found the following:
Diclofenac (marketed as Voltaren, Voltarol, Diclon, Dicloflex Difen, Difene, Cataflam, Pennsaid, Rhumalgan, Modifenac, Abitren, Arthrotec and Zolterol, with various drug dose combinations) is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) taken to reduce inflammation and an analgesic reducing pain in conditions such as in arthritis or acute injury. It can also be used to reduce menstrual pain, dysmenorrhea.
Diclofenac is available as a generic drug in a number of formulations. Over the counter (OTC) use is approved in some countries for minor aches and pains and fever associated with common infections.
I also found that Difnal is another brand name for diclofenac.
Lesson: Learn about the drugs that you are prescribed with. You can check with Google. Usually, it refers to Wikipedia.
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
10/07 - 10/14
- Compensation for Traffic Accident
- Traffic Accident – How to claim on your Insurance
- Bad idea to drive to CBD
- Ramadhan in Jakarta
- Non Guaranteed Rates
- Non Guaranteed Benefits
- Does insurance policy cover terrorism?
- Medication to relieve pain from gout
- Buy an immediate life annuity with $200,000
- Investing in Australian and New Zealand deposits
- The wealthy need medical insurance
- Independent financial service
- Source for your housing loan
- Adjustible premiums
- Time to switch from equity funds?
- Financing MBA degree
- Role for insurance advisers
- ▼ 10/07 - 10/14 (17)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)