Monday, December 31, 2007

Audio driver for my notebook computer

My notebook computer was running slowly. I decided to remove the unused programs and deframent the hard disk

After re-starting the computer, I learned that the sound card did not work. I had removed the audio driver by mistake, thinking that it was an unused software.

I wish to share this interesting experience.

I searched Google for "Sony Vaio audio driver" and was given a listing of several websites. A few websites were discussion among other owners who also lost their audio driver.

I visited the Sony Online website. It asked for the model number of my notebook. I entered the model number (taken from the back of the notebook) and was told that it was an "unrecognised model".

The discussion forum showed another owner with the same model number. It seemed that this is just a marketing reference and that the actual model number could be found on the front monitor.

I was able to get the correct model number and to locate the audio driver in the internet. I download and installed it in my notebook. It worked - to my considerable surprise!

Previously, I had to depend on a techie to solve the problem for me. I learned today, how it can be done.

Lesson: There is a wealth of information that can be obtained through the internet. Each day, I am discovering its usefulness.

No comments:

Blog Archive