Wednesday, January 02, 2008

MRT ride in Taipei

I took the MRT in Taipei from City Hall Station to Xindian station. The journey of 13 stops took 30 minutes and involved two transfers. The transfers were convenient and easy. One transfer was on the same platform.

All the stations are modern, well designed and standardised. The entire system is underground.

At each door of the train, there is an electronic message board that tells the previous station, current station and the next station.

I find this board to be helpful, as I am not familiar with the stations. I can be sure that I am heading the right direction. I am also know one station ahead. If I missed my station, I could still find out and alight at the next station. There is also a clear voice announcement in Mandarin, Hokkien and English.

The minimum fare is NT 20 (SGD 1) and can take up to approximately 6 stations. The maximum fare is NT 40 (SGD 2). Those using a store value card gets a discount of 20%.t

I was able to get a seat on my forward and return journey, although I travel during the busy time of the day. The train is not as crowded as in Singapore.

I give top marks to Taipei MRT.

1 comment:

hongjun said...

Taxi Drivers in Singapore being hit
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/320366/1/.html

CNG refuelling station at Jurong Island!!! OMG! After refuel, I doubt there're any passengers along Jurong Island.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/320372/1/.html


hongjun

Blog Archive