Sunday, December 23, 2007

Excellent signage at Vivocity

I visited Vivocity for the first time today. On leaving the train, I could see the signage leading all the way to Vivocity. This is the best signage that I have seen, among all the MRT stations.

I have travelled to other MRT stations and found that the signage to the nearby buildings and shopping malls to be inadequate. This applies to Bishan, Bugis, Tiong Bahru and Raffles Place stations. I got the impression that there was a reluctance at these stations to show the commercial buildings. Why?

Generally, I find the signages at MRT stations and buildings in Singapore to be inadequate and not friendly to commuters. I was quite refreshing to see a change at Vivocity.

2 comments:

Judhi said...

Dear Mr. Tan,

New North East MRT stations are more 'advanced' than those on the North South or East West line.

Did you also notice the artworks found in some of the North East line MRT stations including Harbourfront?

They could be freestanding exhibits, attached to the station's structure or even as part of the structure itself.

Cheers!
Judhi

dsowerg said...

Vivocity's signages were quite horrendous when it first opened. The confusing layout didn't help at all.

It was only when complaints made it to the papers that the Vivocity management made improvements to the signages.

Blog Archive