Dear Mr. Tan,
I have read your blog and website. Your articles are really helpful to individual investors at the grassroots.
I have term life and personal accident policy. You mentioned that it's reasonable to have sum assumed 5 to 10 times of annual income. Does this ceiling apply to life and personal accident respectively or separately? Should the aggregate sum assumed be taken to make up the ceiling?
If you can afford the premium, you should buy term insurance for the target sum of 5 to 10 years of salary. Term insurance covers death from accidents and illness.
If you with to reduce the cost, you can insure the target sum partly by term insurance and partly by accident.
You should get the quotation of the cost and make your decision based on the figures.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
09/07 - 09/14
- Avoid investing with leveraged money
- Stress and uncertainty with Incomeshield
- Simple Financial Planning
- Swedish practice on life insurance
- Speaker's Corner, 13 September 5 p.m.
- Project 11-11-2008
- Ask the agent
- Advice from my blog and website
- Insurance companies: commitment and transparency n...
- Free Public Transport
- World Class Public Transport System
- Inadequate cash value
- Take a bigger loan at a low interest rate
- Suzy Orman on Life Insurance
- Suitable products depending on needs
- Advice on Vivolife
- Big exchange loss in a Dual Currency Investment
- Choice of term or personal accident insurance
- The New Paper: Truth about Life Insurance Payout
- Investing in NZD
- Another scam: Beware of Push Pockets ...
- Hurricanes in USA
- ▼ 09/07 - 09/14 (22)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)