Dear Mr. Tan,
What is a fair amount of compensation that the distributing financial institution can offer to the investor? Can we expect them to compensate us fully for our loss of hard earned savings?
If this matter goes to Court, either on an action taken by the Government or by the investors, the decision will be made by the judge.
However, the parties may agree to make a settlement on their own, without asking the judge to decide. In that case, each investor should decide on the amount that they are willing to compromise.
If you are offered compensation at 50% of your loss, will you accept? I am sure that the investor will like to have the loss fully compensated, but it is unlikely that the distributing financial institution will agree.
Can you send an email to me at email@example.com. State your name, telephone number, amount invested and the amount that you will accept as a fair compensation (i.e. that you will be willing to fight in court, if you are not offered. Remember, legal expenses can be quite costly).
Do not send email on any other matter to firstname.lastname@example.org as I shall NOT be replying to emails from this account.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
09/21 - 09/28
- Prospectus for the Credit Linked Securities
- Regulation by the Dubai International Financial Ce...
- A view: Investors should bear bigger responsibilit...
- Avoid incurring a large debt
- Difficulty in Travel Insurance Claim
- Mis-representation in High Notes 2
- Fair Compensation
- Support for Petition
- Update (1) to investors of credit linked securitie...
- Sample letter of complaint
- Channel News Asia - Interview of investor
- Investing in stocks - online platform
- Credit Linked Securities - Q&A
- Overwhelmed by e-mails and questions
- Approach taken by Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Lodge your complaint with your financial instituti...
- MAS statement on Protecting Policyholders
- Beware of ELN (Equity Link Notes)
- Experience in lodging a complaint with the bank
- Unable to pay premium till 70 - Revosave
- Business Ethics
- Preparing your statement or affidavit
- MAS statement on Structured Products
- Tell your Member of Parliament
- Special program on CNBC about Credit Linked Securi...
- Group Meeting of MiniBond Investors
- Lodge a complaint with the financial institution
- Investors of Credit Linked Securities - particular...
- Investors of Credit Linked Securities
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Maintaining the cooperative spirit?
- Affidavit for investors of Credit Linked Securitie...
- Dubai, 24-27 Sep 2008
- Blog for Minibond investors
- Pinnacle Notes
- Proof of misleading advice
- Customer service on Motor Insurance
- OCBC Preference Shares
- Financial Adviser Act, Section 27
- Sad experience of a Minibond investor
- TV program on credit linked securities
- Investor in Minibond can seek redress
- Lack of transparency in terminal bonus
- A expert view about Structured Products
- Loss of hard earned money
- A flawed global financial system
- Book on Financial Planning
- ▼ 09/21 - 09/28 (47)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)