Friday, September 26, 2008

Investing in stocks - online platform

Hi Mr Tan,
My current investment is only through Unit Trust, however I would like to explore in stock.

Understand that in order to buy stock, we will need to have an CDP account? But where do I open one? Also for stock is there any platform like fundsupermart (unit trust) which I can D.I.Y?

REPLY
If you wish to buy stocks, you have to open a CDP account. This can be done by the stock-broker. The brokerage is now quite low, at 0.3%, so it is better to let the stockbroker to handle it for you.

Philps Securities and DBS Vickers Securities have online platforms to allow you to buy the stocks directly. I think that some of the other security firms provide a similar platform also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can contact me, Edmund Liu, at eti@saxomarkets.com.sg +65 6303 7743 , representing SaxoTrader - the world's best multi product online trading platform.

No CDP account is required, and commission for Singapore shares is the lowest in the market at 0.18% min SGD 25

Blog Archive