Dear Mr. Tan,
I was previously an insurance agent and a salaried agency supervisor with two different insurance companies. From my experience, I have learned to be less than enthusiastic about the so-called prestige of the MDRT (Million Dollar Round Table). In fact, I might even have been sceptical.
The MDRT measures an insurance agent by the first year commission earned on new policies sold. It equates equates more commission earned to being more successful and prestigious. As a sales motivation, , it drives the agents to earn higher incomes. However, it may also tempt many agents into dubious practices in pursuit of qualification for membership.
I feel that to the ultimate consumer, the insurance client, buying a policy from an agent who makes $30,000 p.a. is no different from buying from an agent who makes $300,000 p.a., as long as it's a suitable policy. Just a suggestion. I hope that you may like comment on the MDRT in your blog.
You have already made the point well. I have no further comments.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
08/31 - 09/07
- The New Paper - Truth of Life Insurance Payout
- Life insurance products can give good value
- Annual General Meeting of NTUC Income
- Bad advice given by the agent
- Agent does not explain clearly
- Twisting of existing life policies
- Land Banking - a scam?
- Continue an existing whole life policy
- Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT)
- Articles in Online Citizen
- Unclaimed money
- Investing in Volatile Markets
- Whole life Limited Payment
- Dealing with credit card debt
- Joke: I am a crook
- Mis-information of consumers
- Twisting of ILP to Revosave
- Premium for the Shield rider is too high
- Structured products that are fair to consumers
- Increase in Shield premium
- Introduce your friends to my blog
- 500,000 visitors by 11-11-2008
- Twisting is bad for the customer
- The truth about life insurance
- Excessive spread and unfair practice
- Joke: Open a tin of peas
- Does NTUC Fairprice give good value?
- ▼ 08/31 - 09/07 (27)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)