What are the three most important factors in investing in property? They are location, location and location.
What are the three most important factors in investing in equity? They are timing, timing and timing.
If you invest at the right time, you can earn 5% to 10% more, compared to investing at the wrong time. What is the right time? It depends on major events and how they affect the market prices.
You can learn about the impact of events on market prices through this simulation game:
1. If interest rate goes up, the currency goes up
2. If USD goes up, JPY and EUR is likely to come down.
3. If stock goes up, bond is likely to come down (as people sell bond to buy stocks)
4. If oil price goes up, USD is likely to come down, and gold will go up.
5. If the US economy does well, the US stock and USD is likely to go up.
6. If company profits goes up, the equity is likely to move up.
With these tips, see if you can learn the right timing decisions!
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
08/31 - 09/07
- The New Paper - Truth of Life Insurance Payout
- Life insurance products can give good value
- Annual General Meeting of NTUC Income
- Bad advice given by the agent
- Agent does not explain clearly
- Twisting of existing life policies
- Land Banking - a scam?
- Continue an existing whole life policy
- Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT)
- Articles in Online Citizen
- Unclaimed money
- Investing in Volatile Markets
- Whole life Limited Payment
- Dealing with credit card debt
- Joke: I am a crook
- Mis-information of consumers
- Twisting of ILP to Revosave
- Premium for the Shield rider is too high
- Structured products that are fair to consumers
- Increase in Shield premium
- Introduce your friends to my blog
- 500,000 visitors by 11-11-2008
- Twisting is bad for the customer
- The truth about life insurance
- Excessive spread and unfair practice
- Joke: Open a tin of peas
- Does NTUC Fairprice give good value?
- ▼ 08/31 - 09/07 (27)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)