Friday, September 05, 2008

Agent does not explain clearly

Many people read my blog regularly. When they meet me, they told me, "I like your blog. It helps me to understand the insurance policies that I have bought over the years. The agent did not explain the policy clearly to me".

Why are insurance companies continuing to design complicated insurance products that their agents are not able to explain to the customer?

Here is the secret. The agent does not want to tell you the truth. If they do, you will not buy the product, because it gives poor value to the consumer. The agent finds a way to make your buy the porduct, without really understanding it.

The regulator requires the agent to give a Benefit Illustration. It does not help, as the Benefit Illustration is confusing to the consumer (and even to an expert like me).

No comments:

Blog Archive