Hi Mr. Tan,
I invested in Pinnacle notes series 6. The arranger is Morgan Stanley and the 6 reference entity are Bank of America, Citigroup Inc, DBS, Singtel, OCBC and UOB.
Should I continue to hold on to the notes or cash out? If I cash out now, I will get only 34.07% of our total principal. I know that the health of Morgan Stanley is crucial to the survival of this Note. With so much uncertainty in the market, is it better to take a loss now?
In my view, and it is just my guess, Morgan Stanley will not face the same fate as Lehman Brothers. The six reference entitles appear to be all right. The rescue package being arranged by the Fed and Treasury in USA is likely to prevent other big failures. It is not worth while to sell the Pinnacle Notes at a loss of 65% at this time.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
09/14 - 09/21
- Biggest gamble in history - Credit default swaps
- Singapore banks and short selling
- Credit Default Swaps (CDS)
- Call to MAS to take pro-active action
- Minibond Series 6
- Pinnacle Notes and MiniBonds
- Avoid complicated products
- Foreign currency exchange rates
- Pinnacle Notes
- Mini-bonds - ask MAS to investigate
- DBS High Notes
- True cost of life insurance
- Fake Money
- Poor conversion rate for Foreign Currency
- Double standards
- How far more for the ST Index to fall?
- Beware of Scams
- On My Own
- Eligibility for an Eldershield claim
- Eldershield - is it worth insuring?
- Do you need life insurance for the whole of life?
- Eldershield - benchmark figures
- Term insurance - is the premium proportional?
- Is all landbanking a scam?
- Do you hear the people sing
- Is your money safe with AIA ?
- Guaranteed drawdown pension
- Distress over an investment linked policy
- Specific Unfair practices
- Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act
- Are Consumer Protection Initiatives Meeting Expect...
- ▼ 09/14 - 09/21 (31)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)