Ms. Angelina Fernandez
Monetary Authority of Singapore
I refer to your reply that is published in the Straits Times today (24 August). I need to follow up with a few clarifications:
1. Can you confirm that the insurance company has specified an asset share for each individual participating policy
2. That the total of these individual liabilities equal to the total assets of the participating fund?
3. Is the insurance company required to pay out the full individual liability on the termination of a policy?
4. If the insurance company is allowed to pay less than the asset share, how is the money allocated to the remaining policyholders?
In my earlier letter, I stated that if the total of the individual liability is $13 billion and the total assets is $15 billion, the difference of $2 billion is "orphaned money". I do not get a clear explanation from your latest reply to this point.
Please call me at 81685485 if you wish to seek clarification to my question.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
08/23 - 08/30
- A nation run by scholars
- Jeddah - shopping during Ramadan
- Opponent of US health reform yield fear weapon
- Jeddah during Ramadan
- Regular update of bank deposit rates
- Asset share of your life insurance policy
- Whistleblower tells of America's hidden nightmare ...
- Travel to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Join FISCA
- Low wages and purchasing power in Singapore
- Petition to the Prime Minister (2)
- Review of National Service
- Challenges for the Free Market
- End of life issues need to be addressed
- How insurers do or don't compete
- Petition to the Prime Minister
- St Times: Tan Kin Lian launches new consumer body
- Survey: Political Party Blogs
- Orphan money at NTUC Income
- Analogy - there are no poor people in Singapore
- Orphaned money in Life Insurance Fund
- Watchdog thinks $20m is in bag for Lehman fund
- Letter to MAS - Asset Share
- A Sense of Duty
- Protecting citizens
- The Uninsured
- Burden of National Service
- ▼ 08/23 - 08/30 (27)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)