I need your help to do some research on unemployment in Singapore
a) How many citizens and permanent residents lose their job each year, due to retrenchment or business failure of their employers, i.e. not due to change of job? It varies from one year to another, but I like to have an average over a number of years.
b) What is the proportion of people who lose their job, i.e. taking this average number as a percentage of those in the workforce.
c) How long does it take to find a new job and what is the average salary for the new job compared to the job that was lost? This statistics may be difficult to get, but I hope that some approximate figures are available.
d) How long does it take a school leaver to find a full time job?
You can post your findings here or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
01/10 - 01/17
- Tax the big banks
- Buy insurance up to age 60
- Big pay packets in Wall Street
- Life insurance for family protection
- Buying Term Insurance from America
- Financial Inquiry Commission
- Educating our young - views posted in survey
- Unemployment in Singapore
- Speech by Franklin D Roosevelt
- Utopia of welfare corporatism
- Prices of HDB Flats
- Survey - Educating the Young
- Sports Hub to be ready by 2015
- US Congress inquiry into the Financial Crisis
- Authorities act on money lenders
- Rechargeable torchlight for use in hotels
- Magic of the Shape Quiz
- Investment principles for 2010 and beyond
- Adapting to the competitive school environment
- Excesses and redemption
- Educating our young
- Capitalism and socialism
- HDB flats and population growth
- Learning from Europe - social democracy works
- Term insurance - buy directly
- More jobs in health care sector
- Economic recovery depends on government stimulus
- Regular savings in a bank
- HK: Bank staff did not understand mini-bonds
- Walk away from your mortgage
- Benefit illustration - Life or Investment Linked P...
- Students and young people should avoid saving in l...
- Dhanabalan: Bubble in bets on events
- ▼ 01/10 - 01/17 (33)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)